Tuesday 21 August 2007

Oh the Glamour!!

Although my house is decorated mostly in a cosy country cottage style, I sometimes need to indulge my magpie tendancy for a bit of sparkle, so my bedroom, as I mentioned in a previous post, is in the slow process of being redecorated (it's been the same as when we moved in nearly two years ago with disgusting purple walls) - inspired by my love for Art Deco glamour, in pale shell colours, with lots of silk, mother-of-pearl, and ideally some mirrored furniture.
So here are some photos to give you the general idea, including a picture of a few of my 1920's-30's beaded purses which I collect, I've got about 15 now.

This pretty little lace butterfly brooch I found in the house when we moved in, it was in the cuboard under the stairs, hooked onto an iron holder screwed to the wall!


I have finally finished the silk curtains for my room, hurrah!!!
Here are some pics, I had to take them with the flash, because the light coming through the window made it impossible to get any kind of definition, so it made them look a lot more shiny than they actually are. Also, ignore the purple walls trying to get into shot

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty butterfly brooch. I can't believe someone left it behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love your purses, they are so, so beautiful, and that perfume bottle (is it how it´s called?) it´s gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new curtains Jess, very elegant. Every girl needs some space for a little glamour. I've got a real thing about vintage pearls and bought a lovely, double, graduated string with a diamante clasp in a charity shop recently. They're 1940s and absolutely gorgeous, so unlike any of my other jewellery which is a bit more practical. I've worn them so much and even though I feel like an 80s Sloane Ranger I don't care, its my little chance to feel dressed up.
    Stephx
    P.S. Love the idea of an eiderdown show & tell! I'd appreciate any tips/places about where to buy them for less than £100 (!), advice on to clean them up easily and lovely pics of how people display them. Mine's not arrived yet so I can't get the ball rolling but I'll definitely join in.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those curtains!
    I love the whole colour scheme, vintage, art deco style is just perfect in a bedroom...
    cant wait to see it all finished!

    Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your glam collection! You have some marvelous pieces there! Your silk curtains are a dream--love that simmer, and the color! Happy Day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pretty glass perfume bottles. They add a touch of glamour to a dressing table.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica!! Your curtains are wonderful-wish I could make those!! And what a bargain, £50 to go to Holland, why can't my train station do that!!! I also love your beaded bags, I collect those too!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love beaded evening bags - they are lovely to look at and lovely to touch. Yours are gorgeous.

    Clever you in making those curtains!
    Love ax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate every one (even if I don't manage to reply to them all - I tend to get sidetracked quite easily) and it always brings a little smile to my face when I discover one in my inbox.